Intake Nutrition offers meal replacement powders to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. The powders are high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you full.
They also meet 100% of your daily recommended value for six vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamins B1 and B6, and vitamins C, D and E.
Plus, they come in easy on-the-go packets to give you a nutrition boost whenever and wherever you need it. All you have to do is add the packet to water and shake.
Check out our Intake Nutrition product review below to find out how these products can help fill in nutritional gaps during your busy day.
What is a Meal Replacement Powder?
A meal replacement powder is a good way to get more nutrition in your diet. You can use them in place of a meal or in addition to your diet as a supplement.
The Intake Nutrition meal replacement powders contain 180 calories per packet. This makes them a perfect supplement to use in addition to your healthy meal plan.
Some people have a hard time making healthy choices. These shakes are designed to deliver targeted nutrients when you need them so that you can continue with your day without crashing.
You can use Intake Nutrition powder before exercising to help fuel your workout. B vitamins help convert carbohydrates into energy that can be used to combat fatigue (1).
You can also use it as a post-workout recovery aid. It contains 20 grams of high-quality protein, which can be used to repair and rebuild broken down muscle tissue to build lean muscle (2).
However, you don’t need to go to the gym to benefit from the added nutrition from these powders. Protein is one of the most satiating nutrients, and research shows that many Americans don’t get enough of it (3).
Empty a packet into a glass of water around 10 am or 2 pm when you need a snack to hold you over until your next meal.
About Intake Nutrition
Intake nutrition was brought to life by three friends who (although coming from humble beginnings) have found success in life prior to dreaming up the company. One is a pre-med student at the top of his class and passionate about health and well-being, while the second is an entrepreneur, avid outdoorsman and fitness enthusiast. The third has over a decade of experience in powdered food products.
These three have always been avid athletes and engrossed in the world of fitness and personal health. After years of trying many products, they wanted to try something different- something healthy and something organic. Coming up empty-handed in this search, they realized that they were a perfect fit to try and make a supplement to fill the needs and address the issues others ignored.
After four years and more than 130 batches, intake nutrition created what they were all looking for. They created the perfect meal replacement that checked off all of their boxes.
- It’s conveniently package for on-the-go use
- The ingredients don’t include “fillers“ — it contains a fruit and veggie-based so bloating is eliminated
- Intake is way less granular than competitors
- 100% of daily vitamin intake
- As a little sugar as possible: 006 g of sugar per serving
They successful created a product that uses the best ingredients possible and gets rid of some of the issues of other meal replacements. With its fiber to protein balance, sluggishness is greatly reduced. Without sugar alcohols that some meal replacements use, it eliminates bloating and GI discomfort. It’s a product that is as natural as a powdered meal replacement for candy, and they all personally use it themselves!
What do we offer?
Intake Nutrition makes two different flavors of their meal replacement powders: creamy vanilla and chocolate. Each bag contains 1.01 pounds and 10 servings.
The following is a list of ingredients found in the chocolate flavor:
- Egg white protein (sunflower lecithin)
- Whey protein concentrate
- Pea protein
- MCT oil powder (MCT, tapioca dextrin)
- Oat fiber
- Natural flavors
- Fruit and vegetable blend (cranberry, apple, orange, tomato, broccoli, carrot, and shiitake mushrooms)
The vanilla flavor contains the same ingredients except for cocoa. The nutritional profile is the same for both flavors. Here is the nutritional information for each flavor per packet:
- 180 calories
- 6 grams of fat
- 16 grams of carbs (10 grams net carbs)
- 6 grams of fiber
- 5 grams of sugar
- 0 grams added sugars
- 20 grams of protein
Health benefits of Intake Nutrition
Intake Nutrition products deliver targeted nutrients to help fill in nutritional gaps. You can use it to combat sugar cravings or as a snack when you need something small.
It contains no gluten, soy, or artificial ingredients, such as preservatives, food dyes, or other harmful ingredients. With 6 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein per serving, Intake Nutritional meal replacement powders can help aid your weight loss journey.
The healthy fats will also give you a brain boost. It contains no gluten, which means you won’t feel bloated or unable to concentrate after ingesting.
Here are some other health benefits of the ingredients used in Intake Nutrition’s meal replacement powders:
- It provides 100% RDV of several vitamins.
Many nutrition powders focus on macronutrients, including fat, protein, and carbohydrates. While these are important nutrients to focus on, you also want a nutrition powder that contains vitamins.
Intake Nutrition products provide 100% recommended daily value of vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, and vitamins C, D, and E.
Here is a quick breakdown of what each of these vitamins do:
- Vitamin A: vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that requires the presence of dietary fat to be absorbed. Intake Nutrition’s meal replacement powders contain healthy fats from MCT to ensure that the fat-soluble vitamins in this shake are absorbed. Vitamin A has antioxidant roles in the body. It is needed for immune health, healthy vision, cellular communication, and reproductive health (4).
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): Vitamin B1 or thiamin is a water-soluble vitamin. This means that it is not stored in the body and needs to be constantly replenished. Research shows that thiamin is crucial for brain health. Deficines are linked to cognitive impairments, memory problems, Alzheimer’s disease, and reductions in glucose metabolism (5). Thiamin is also needed for energy metabolism and the maintenance of healthy cells (6).
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that is needed in more than 100 different enzyme reactions, especially protein metabolism. It is also needed to help metabolize amino acids, lipids, neurotransmitters, and carbohydrates. Vitamin B6 helps the body maintain normal levels of homocysteine, promotes immunity, and assists with the formation of hemoglobin (7).
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is best known for its antioxidant abilities that help keep the immune system healthy. It is also needed for bone formation, the maintenance of healthy gums, and wound healing. Vitamin C helps active other vitamins, including folic acid. It also converts cholesterol into bile and converts the amino acid tryptophan to the neurotransmitter serotonin. Research shows that vitamin C may be beneficial in the prevention of many diseases and conditions, including asthma (8).
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is needed to promote calcium and phosphate absorption. It plays an important role in bone health. Research shows that vitamin D also reduces inflammation, supports neuromuscular and immune health, and assists with cell growth (9).
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin with antioxidant capabilities that protect against free radical damage, which may lead to the development of several diseases. Research shows that vitamin E plays a role in immune health, cell signaling, and several other metabolic processes, including increasing the expression of enzymes that protect heart health (10).
- It’s high in easily digestible fiber and protein.
Although it’s low in calories, one packet of Intake Nutrition contains 20 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, which can help keep you full and reduce your overall daily calorie intake. This can help aid weight loss and support other health-related goals.
Fiber has several proven benefits. It has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and gastrointestinal diseases (11). Fiber supplementation has been shown to enhance weight loss and boost immunity (11).
Protein is needed to help build lean muscle, especially later in life. It is also more satiating than other nutrients to help reduce hunger (12).
2. It contains natural sources of antioxidants.
Intake Nutrition contains a fruit and vegetable blend from cranberries, apples, oranges, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, and shiitake mushrooms. These provide an excellent source of antioxidants.
Antioxidants benefit the body by combating free radical damage, which is caused by exposure to toxins. The body requires a balance of antioxidants and free radicals to function properly. Oxidative stress occurs when the body has more free radicals than it does antioxidants.
Free radicals have been shown to impair lipids, proteins, and DNA, which can trigger many diseases. Antioxidants protect the body by donating an electron to these unstable molecules to render them harmless (13).
Research shows that antioxidants can help protect against cardiovascular disease, cancer, macular degeneration, and Alzheimer’s disease (14).
3. It contains medium-chain Triglycerides (MCTs).
Intake Nutrition includes medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which have been shown to provide numerous health benefits.
Research shows that MCTs enhance exercise endurance, reduce cardiovascular disease, neurological disorders, and obesity, and may also prevent gastrointestinal diseases (15)(16)(17)
4. It helps you stay on track with your weight loss goals.
The next time the craving for something unhealthy strikes, you can enjoy a shake from Intake Nutrition as a low-sugar, healthy alternative.
Intake Nutrition shakes have a delicious chocolate flavor, similar to a milkshake. In addition to curbing your sugar cravings, these shakes can help provide nutrients that other “treats” do not provide.
5. It’s free from grains, soy, gluten, and harmful ingredients.
Many nutrition shakes include preservatives and artificial flavors to sweeten their product and extend the shelf life.
Intake Nutrition products are free from inflammatory ingredients, including soy, gluten, and heavy preservatives.
It’s naturally sweetened with stevia, which is a natural no-calorie sweetener with antioxidant benefits. Intake Nutrition shakes are easy to digest and won’t leave you with brain fog or digestive upset after ingesting.
7. It does not contain harmful fillers and preservatives that smell.
Have you ever noticed that some liquid food products have a certain odor to them? You might have noticed that when you empty a powder nutrition product into water, it smells!
This is primarily due to the many preservatives and additives that some products contain to help keep the product “fresh” and shelf-stable.
Some people barely notice this smell while others can’t stand it! The Intake Nutrition meal replacement powders do not use harmful fillers and preservatives that cause this stench.
This means that when you empty a single powder packet into a glass of water, it won’t smell – no matter how long you leave it in there for!
Intake Nutrition: Pros and Cons
Intake Nutrition makes it easy for you to eat healthy on the go. The packets travel well and can be stored in your purse, desk, car, or gym bag. You can use them before working or after working out or anytime you need a snack.
With only 10 grams of net carbs, Intake Nutrition shakes won’t send your blood sugar levels soaring. It provides balanced levels of fats, protein, and carbs to ensure you make it through your day without crashing.
These shakes are grain, soy, and gluten free, which means they are easily digested for those with GI sensitivities. However, each shake contains 5 grams of sugar per serving, which may deter some strict low-carb dieters.
Here are some other pros and cons to consider:
- Available in two delicious flavors: chocolate and vanilla
- Features easy, on-the-go packets that travel well and can be stored without refrigeration
- Contains no artificial ingredients, colors, or flavors
- Does not contain soy, gluten, grains, or harmful preservatives
- All products are made in the USA in an FDA and GMP certified location
- Provides 100% daily value of six vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamins B1 and B6, and vitamins C, D and E
- Provides antioxidants to help combat inflammation and free radical damage
- Contains 6 grams of fiber to aid in digestive health and immune support
- Contains 20 grams of protein to help rebuild damaged tissue and support lean muscle mass
- Dissolves easily into water and does not require blending
- Does not stink like many other liquid food products do
- Both nutrition powders contain sugar, which may contribute to inflammation in the body (18).
How to use Intake Nutrition meal replacement powders
To use, empty one packet of Intake Nutrition meal replacement powder into a 6 or 8 ounce glass of water and stir.
Intake Nutrition makes it easy for you to enjoy your shakes on the go with their convenient travel blender bottle. For best results, we recommend using cold, filtered water.
You can also use your favorite dairy-free milk as a base for these shakes. They would make a great meal replacement for breakfast by using unsweetened almond or coconut milk, ice, and a banana.
Intake Nutrition offers high-quality meal replacement shakes that can be used to supplement your healthy eating habits. All packets contain 180 calories, 10 grams of net carbs, and 20 grams of protein. They come in chocolate and vanilla flavor.
Additionally, each packet contains 6 grams of fiber to help keep you full and promote digestive health. You’ll enjoy 100% RDV for several vitamins, including vitamins A, B1, B6, C, D, and E.
These shakes also contain antioxidant power to help combat free radical damage. They are free from harmful preservatives and irritants, such as soy, gluten, and artificial flavors.
We recommend using Intake Nutrition as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack to ensure you stay on track at meal time. You can also use these shakes before or after exercising.